Nearly 40 years after the fact, the story of how Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein uncovered the Watergate scandal has achieved nearly epic status.
And thanks in large part to the book turned Academy Award nominated film All the President’s Men, we’ve heard all the stories of backroom meetings with anonymous sources from their investigation.
Or at least so we thought.
Specifically, we learn that the legendary editor had some questions about the duo’s encounters with Deep Throat and grand jury members. And while nothing Himmelman writes seemingly challenges the facts of the scandal, it does add a new wrinkle to the story of its discovery.
- Ben Bradlee Standing By Bob Woodward (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Bob Woodward’s desperate damage control (salon.com)
- Ben Bradlee interview raises doubts about Woodward’s Watergate claims (foxnews.com)
- Bob Woodward suddenly in the headlines all over again (wjla.com)
- To-Do List: The Woodward and Bernstein Memos (newyorker.com)
- The Woodward Method (politico.com)