- Published 14:07 30.04.12
- Latest update 14:07 30.04.12
Why waste money on hasbara when our own experts tell the world that Israeli leaders are warmongering rejectionists?
This is what’s been going down in the last few days alone:
1. The Prime Minister says that sanctions against Iran aren’t working and the Defense Minister claims that Iran is irrational and then the Prime Minister stipulates that the Iranians want to make a bomb and then the IDF Chief of Staff flatly contradicts them and says that Iran is rational, sanctions are working and the Iranians won’t really make a bomb after all. And the Prime Minister and the Defense Minister go on saying what they were saying before, as if nothing’s happened.
2. The next day, a former chief of the Shin Bet, who spent his life in what Israeli leftists like to call “the apparatus of darkness,” opens his mouth for the first time since retirement and sounds like a turbo-charged Peter Beinart: the Israeli leadership suffers from a messiah complex, they are morally unfit to govern, they can’t wage war and they sure as hell don’t want to make peace.
3. Less than 48 hours later, an up and rising Likud minister and a fabled former head of the Mossad nearly come to blows in front of hundreds of people in New York. The Mossadnik calls the minister a liar and compares a proposed Knesset law to Nazi legislation, while the minister accuses the man who until recently was hailed as a cross between Indiana Jones, George Smiley and Bar Kochba as “harming the state security,” a crime punishable by law. “How did he ever get such a high position?” asks the minister of the man who was an IDF general before serving for eight years as head of the Mossad, where he was widely considered to be one of the best ever.
Even for cynical Israelis who think they’ve seen it all, this is crazy talk. Even for people who like to boast of the rough and tumble atmosphere of political discourse in Israel, this is way over the top. Even for those who are devout see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, speak-no-evil Israel-lovers on most days of the year, there are enough grounds now to suspect that something is rotten, or at least seriously unhinged, in the State of Israel.
Click Here to continue reading.
- RT: Chorus of criticism: Netanyahu’s politics puts Israel ‘in mortal danger’ (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Ex-Israeli spy boss attacks Netanyahu and Barak over Iran (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Barak: Olmert and former Mossad, Shin Bet chiefs serving Iran (haaretz.com)
- Speaking truth to the messianic madmen who run the state of Israel (jfjfp.com)
- Following criticism of Netanyahu, Israeli ministers attack former Shin Bet chief (haaretz.com)
- Barak goes on defensive against Olmert’s ‘gang’ (jta.org)
- ‘Barak OKs destroying Fogel killers’ family homes’ (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)