It appears, while Washington continues to proclaim they have single-handedly ‘isolated’ Russia and crushed its economy, nations around the world continue to want to do business with Putin and his nation…
- *SISI: RUSSIA, EGYPT AGREE ON FREE TRADE ZONE W/ EURASIAN UNION
- *SISI STRESSES IMPORTANCE OF MILITARY COOPERATION W/ RUSSIA
Judging by the images of welcome on the streets of Cairo, the people of Egypt are anything but looking to ‘isolate’ Russia… even after the US “bailed them out” and they still have US-taxpayer-backed guaranteed bonds.
- *EGYPT’S SISI THANKS PUTIN FOR SUPPORT IN TOUGH TIMES
- *RUSSIAN DIRECT INVESTMENT FUND, EGYPT TO DEVELOP INVESTMENT
- *SISI: RUSSIA, EGYPT SIGN AGREEMENT ON NUCLEAR POWER PROJECTS
- *SISI: EGYPT, RUSSIA COOPERATION ON GLOBAL ISSUES IS IMPORTANT
- *SISI :RUSSIA, EGYPT WILL TAKE COMMON STAND AGAINST TERRORISM
As The Telegraph reports,
The Russian president gives one of the most famous guns during his visit to Cairo where he has received a hero’s welcome in state-run media.
Vladimir Putin presented Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, Egypt’s president, with a Kalashnikov rifle on Tuesday, one photo-opportunity among many on a two-day visit to Cairo.
Photographs show Mr Sisi smiling proudly as his Russian counterpart pulls the rifle from its case. The Kalashnikov, one of the most famous guns in the world, is estimated to kill around a quarter of a million people every year.
Its Russian manufacturers have recently embarked on a high profile rebranding of the rifle, marketing it as a weapon of peace.
The Russian president has received an effusive welcome to the Egyptian capital, a sign that Mr Sisi’s government is keen to showcase the alliance as evidence that Egypt is not beholden to the west.