Sweden ends arms deal with Saudi Arabia after human rights standoffSweden will cancel its arms deal with Saudi Arabia, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven has confirmed. The decision comes after the ultraconservative kingdom blocked the Swedish foreign minister’s speech on human rights at an Arab League meeting.
NATO warships take part in Black Sea naval drillsNATO has carried out naval drills in the Black Sea, including anti-air and anti-submarine exercises. The maneuvers featured Black Sea littoral members of the alliance Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey, as well as four other countries.
If Jews leave, Europe will face ‘economic disaster’, Jewish leader warnsEuropean leaders should be quick in adopting real measures to counter anti-Semitism or witness Jews leave, taking away their money and businesses, says the President of the European Jewish Congress (ECJ).
Outrage in Germany after neo-Nazi rally forces mayor’s resignationSenior politicians in Germany have expressed outrage that the mayor of the eastern German town of Troeglitz was forced to resign after local authorities failed to stop a protest by the far-right National Democratic Party (NPD) outside his house.
- US condemned by UN torture expert for children given life in prison without parole
- Never-ending winter: Cape Cod freezes over as icebergs wash ashore
- Children’s Tylenol maker to plead guilty for knowingly selling tainted drugs
- Ukraine – EU Association Agreement should consider Russian interests – Spanish FM
- ‘We’ll buy reverse gas supplies at $245’- Ukraine’s president
- Europe’s trillion euro stimulus may kill bond market yields