Search My Blog
Top Posts & Pages
- My new blog is now open, and I welcome your visit . . . ~Jean
- Film showing TWA 800 shot down by Missile now out
- Who killed JFK? And why did they do it?
- Shocking: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real — Pope Francis Exposes . . . looks like the PR campaign is being ramped up . . . ~J
- WHAT IS THE TRUE AGENDA OF THE ARCHON, ANUNNAKI & DRACO CABAL? WHAT ARE THEY REALLY TRYING TO ACHIEVE HERE ON THE EARTH – AND WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW? by Bradley Loves
- THE VATICANS NEW WORLD ORDER - THE KNIGHTS OF MALTA - a well-researched history that may shed light on Masonry. At least it is a jumping off point to understanding. . . ~J
- 4 - The Great Con of Man, by Bradley Loves
- KALI YUGA: Age of Quarrel and Conflict
- A Sample WORKING Declaration . . . I believe THIS is what will shut them down. . . ~J
- Gregg Braden, Bladder Cancer dissolves in less than 3 minutes using The Language of Emotion
- My new blog is now open, and I welcome your visit . . . ~Jean
- Thank you — and a bit of news about my new blog, from ~Jean
- It’s time for me to hang out the sign, Gone Fishin’, from ~Jean
- Five Justices Vow to Protect Felon Senators
- Citizen speaks out about Sandy Hook hoax at Connecticut State Committee Hearing
- The Vaccine Culture War in America: Are You Ready?
- Pilots, Doctors & Scientists Tell Truth about Chemtrails [Excerpts]
- The Oracle Report, Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Bittersweet Records Radio Hour, March 11, 2015
- He Found 2 Baby Bears Next To Their Dead Mother, Words Can’t Describe What Happened After
- PressTV: Americans seek treason charges against 47 Republican senators
- The Clinton Chronicles . . . unbelievable! ~J
- Take Your Word? CNN Blames State Department Hack on Russia Without Evidence / Sputnik International
- Abu-Jamal on Obama, Ferguson, and How African-Americans ‘Live in Hell’ / Sputnik International
- RT: News Headlines (late day), March 11, 2015
- Fire in Iron Mountain’s Argentine Storage Facility at the Center of Major International Corruption and Money Laundering Web
- Kenny Rogers – The Gambler . . . I think in reference to Putin :) ~J
- PressTV: Iran stopped ISIL invasion spread: Larijani
- NATO So Busy Playing War Games, Unable to Confirm Where Armor Withdraw Sputnik International
- An EU Army to face Russia? Who do you think you’re kidding, Mr Juncker? – Nigel Farage
- We Demand: President Putin Release Documents Vital to World Peace
- Zerohedge: 7 Signs That A Stock Market Peak Is Happening Right Now, plus a brief comment from ~Jean
- Very brief note from ~Jean
- ANGELIKA – RUSSIAN STATE ANTHEM (soul version)
- Splitting the Atlantic Alliance NATO Lies and Provocations
- ‘Start Killing Russians': Outrageous Outburst by Fox News Military Analyst / Sputnik International
- Life ‘Under a Reign of Terror': What Nuland Doesn’t Want You to See / Sputnik International
- PressTV: Iraqi forces liberate Tikrit center from ISIL hold
- How Iran and the US intersect in “Syraq”, by Pepe Escobar
- US Intel Vets Oppose Brennan’s CIA Plan
- Zarif to U.S. senators: You are ignorant of international law
- RT – BREAKING: Massive tanker fire on I-94 outside Detroit, both directions shut down
- The Coming Revolution, by Jon Rappoport, March 10, 2015
- The passive android and the creative force, by Jon Rappoport , March 9, 2015
- Now: The Century of Imagination, by Jon Rappoport, March 9, 2015
- The Saker: Back from Moscow
- RT: ‘We did what we had to do’: Putin opens up on Crimea reunification plan . . . I had to wait until I could get the video :) ~J
- RT: Russia ‘completely ending’ activities under Conventional Armed Forces in Europe treaty
- Lada Ray: What Are NATO Ships Doing in the Black Sea? Is the World Finally Starting to Awaken? March 9, 2015
- Ukraine Military Gets Boost With UK Armored Vehicles Delivery / Sputnik International
- :) :) :) RT: Netanyahu claims ‘worldwide’ effort to ensure he loses Israeli elections
- RT Headlines, late day, March 10, 2015 . . . I got way behind today, so here are some I think of value :) ~J
- RT – BREAKING: Evacuations as 6.6 earthquake shakes Colombia capital
- President Obama Declares Venezuela “A Threat to National Security”, Seeks Regime-Change
- RT: Maduro: US trying to ‘defeat’ Venezuela govt with sanctions, we’ll fight back
Fire in Iron Mountain’s Argentine Storage Facility at the Center of Major International Corruption and Money Laundering Web
March 11, 2015
Thanks to D.
When I first started to look into a suspicious fire that occurred in Iron Mountain’s storage facility in Barracas, Argentina on February 5, 2014, I didn’t realize that it would take me all the way around the world – albeit online – to finally tie all the loose ends together. It is surprising how a single fire in a warehouse that facilitates the storage of corporate and government documents can enable one to document a trail of arson, corruption, money laundering and financial and political vulturism.
As soon as the news broke last year about the fire in Iron Mountain’s facility in Buenos Aires people in Argentina called foul play and claimed it was a deliberate act, arson, to cover up a major web of economic fraud, perpetrated by multinational financial institutions and Iron Mountain inc. themselves. However, only a few had been able to tie together some of the loose ends and were left with a hole bunch of other loose ends that they couldn’t tie into the rest.
To better understand the scope of the entire case lets first take a look at Iron Mountain Incorporated.
Iron Mountain inc. is a notorious multinational corporation that provides data management, storage and shredding facilities and services for companies and governments. The management team of Iron Mountain inc. is composed of people like William Meaney, a former CIA operations officer; Jack Faer, a former special agent at the FBI; Annie Drapeau with a former leadership role at JP Morgan and Ted MacLean, former management consultant at KPMG. A nice cocktail that indeed easily allows the creation of a web of international corruption and money laundering through the very corporation that they lead.
That the fire in their Buenos Aires storage facility last year was an act of arson has carefully been confirmed by Argentine police and media and by Iron Mountain themselves. This is a crucial fact because it forms the basis for the following findings in the Iron Mountain Scandal. It is the very reason why all the documents in Barracas went up in flames.
Apparently, “Argentine authorities are investigating a possibly deliberate fire in which documents from major financial institutions were lost – documents that contain information about economic fraud committed in the country,” writes TeleSUR.
“After a police analysis determined that the fire that burnt down two warehouses belonging to the Iron Mountain company in Buenos Aires in February 2014 was intentional, several questions about the links between the company and its clients and also with the Buenos Aires City government have raised. The Financial Information Unit of Argentina is investigating a conspiracy between Iron Mountain and its major clients – international financial companies such as banks HSBC, BNP Paribas and JP Morgan – to destroy documentation involving economic crimes, by causing a fire in the company’s warehouses.
The TeleSUR report goes on and says that “since 2008 the local administration started to promote the setting up of technological industries in the southern areas of the city giving them tax reduction benefits. Iron Mountain’s location was not in this area, but the head of Economic Development of the City, former HSBC executive Francisco Cabrera, intervened in order to give the company these tax benefits. It turns out HSBC was the most affected company in the fire, and it is one of Iron Mountain’s biggest client globally. … An inspector of the Secretariat of Labor of the local government wanted to close down Iron Mountain’s facilities for lack of security measures, but superior officers put a stop to this closure because of the good relationship between Iron Mountain and the local administration.”
The fact that this fire in Barracas was set on purpose is of an even greater importance when it is known that Iron Mountain has a history of being hit by suspicious fires in their storage facilities, more than often conveniently occurring at times when they or their clients are under investigation. Three suspicious fires occurred in a single Iron Mountain facility in South Brunswick, N.J. in March, 1997.
In the most recent arson case, in Buenos Aires, it is no different. The fire there came at a time when Iron Mountain inc, HSBC, BNP Parisbas, JP Morgan, Argentine president Cristina de Kirchner, Lázaro Báez and Cristóbal López were/are all under investigation in cases of corruption, money laundering and related economic frauds.
Former JP Morgan Vice President Hernán Arbizu claimed that HSBC Argentina hired JP Morgan’s employees for “advise on evasion know-how.” He incriminated himself by saying that the company he worked for helped Argentinean economic groups to evade AFIP tax bureau controls.
“The banks in Argentina are to blame for the dollars outside of Argentina,” Arbizu said in an interview with FM Blue radio station when asked about the AFIP tax evasion and capital flight complaint against HSBC.
He condemned HSBC’s refusal to deliver the documents requested by AFIP. The bank argued that they had been destroyed in the Iron Mountain warehouse fire in February 2014.
“It strikes me as odd that the banks do not have back up of their documents,” Arbizu said. “If there is proof of their involvement on the Iron Mountain fire, the banks will suffer severe sanctions.”
Call it “the Mother of the Vultures.” HSBC, the Crown Jewel of the British monarchy’s Opium Wars, then and now, found its Buenos Aires headquarters and two other offices raided Wednesday by agents of Argentina’s AFIP tax bureau, in search of documents for the tax-evasion and money-laundering case opened against the empire’s bank last February. Argentine authorities are charging HSBC with being a criminal enterprise, setting up an elaborate mechanism through which local companies could lie about their earnings.
The documents sought were not found, local media are reporting, adding that HSBC officials told AFIP agents that they are stored in facilities run by “Iron Mountain.”
Argentina has challenged HSBC to publicly denounce alleged tax evasion at the bank’s Argentine subsidiary, saying not doing so would be an act of “financial piracy”.
Tax authorities in Buenos Aires have launched proceedings against HSBC Argentina, claiming it helped thousands of wealthy Argentinians hide $3.5bn (£2.3bn) at HSBC’s Swiss private bank.
“Without tax collection, there is no government, there is no public policy, there is no state,” Mr Echegaray said. “HSBC Holdings can show it is a bank that does not harm governments… that it has an attitude of respect regarding paying taxes and the financing of states.
“Otherwise it would be a behaviour of financial piracy at an international level.”
The bank has been caught up in an international tax evasion storm, which has intensified following the leak of documents to the media revealing the scale of alleged evasion.
AFIP claims that it has evidence of 4,040 individuals using offshore accounts to hide tax on one day in 2006, after it was passed material by French authorities.
Mr Echegaray said the total amount of money illegally parked offshore could be higher, and that individuals making use of HSBC Argentina’s tax evasion included Gabriel Martino, its chief executive. He called for HSBC to fire Mr Martino.
In the case of BNP Parisbas, in August of 2013, the Argentine anti-money laundering unit, Procelac, called for the reopening of an investigation against BNP Paribas. Reportedly, 24 bank executives helped Argentinian clients launder 1 billion US dollars through Curacao, Switzerland, Luxembourg, France and other countries. During the same month the bank was fined 50 million KRW by the South Korean Financial Supervisory Service Authority for alleged price fixing in collusion with DBS and ANZ banks.
That money laundering by banks such as HSBC, who has been laundering well over 800 billion dollars, in Argentina is of course not for the ordinary working people there who are forced to pay taxes on their small incomes, like everywhere else in the world.
The special financial services are provided for the president of Argentina and guys like Lázaro Báez and Cristóbal López:
La Nacion reported that K-businessman Lázaro Báez – the number one recipient of public works contracts during the Kirchner governments – listed a suspicious US$56.3 million in income in 2011 for his flagship company, Austral Construcciones, as the settlement for an alleged dispute with “J & J Holding NV” of the Caribbean island of Curacao, claiming that it derived from a failed partnership investment allegedly made by Austral in 2009 in Belize. But some simple research by a reporter revealed that J & J Holding NV has not existed in Curacao since 1989; its registered address from that time “no longer exists” according to the public business registry in Curacao itself; and its last registered agent, Corporate Trust, also no longer exists. Furthermore, Austral had no record of ever making the investment, and the nature of the alleged partnership is inconsistent and unclear.
What is clear is that the mysterious “award” of US$56.3 million allowed Austral to balance its books for 2011, establish a trust handled by K-money trail “bagman” Leonardo Fariña and obtain up to 314.8 million pesos in loans from the state-owned Banco Nacion. (Fariña is now in jail over tax evasion charges after telling Argentine television in detail how he and Baez participated in a large-scale scheme to embezzle and launder millions of dollars in public funds on behalf of the Kirchner family.) The other interesting fact is that the money from the non-existent J & J Holding was paid to Austral through a money trail that went from Curacao (a tax haven) to Belize (a tax haven) to a trust in Uruguay, then to Austral in Argentina. Belize was a noteworthy stop on that money trail, because it is also the location of Teegan Inc., a Baez family shell company through which millions of suspicious euros passed on its way from Argentina to Switzerland. Could Teegan be involved this maneuver by Baez? Where did the 56.3 million dollars really come from?
Meanwhile, a very familiar face emerged in the resort town of Bariloche that implicated President Cristina Kirchner herself, through her hotel company Hotesur. Another “K businessman”, Cristóbal López, has been reported on here for a while. Lopez owns an inn in Bariloche called “El Retorno.” Lopez has seen “exponential growth in his wealth” during the Kirchner era, mostly through running casinos licensed by the government, as well as media companies that receive government advertising money, highway concessions and public works contracts from the government. Interestingly, Clarin and La Nacion report that guests at “El Retorno” who use their credit cards to settle their hotel or bar charges are noticing that their bank statements indicate that the company that collected the money from them was not “El Retorno,” but the Hotel Alto Calafate – an establishment 1423 kilometers away in El Calafate, Santa Cruz (a different province) and with an entirely different owner: the Kirchner family. Indeed – when Lopez’s guests pay their bills with a credit card, they are paying the Kirchners directly. The only tangible link between the two hotels is that they both contracted the same company to manage them: Idea SA, co-owned by Maximo Kirchner, the presidential son, and his friend Osvaldo “Bochi” Sanfelice. But the management company is not collecting the funds from Lopez’s guests – it’s going directly to the President’s hotel’s bank account without any legal or contractual explanation.
Alto Calafate is under investigation in Argentina for being used by the Kirchner family and Lazaro Baez to launder millions of pesos of unknown origin, after it was revealed that Baez had rented thousands of hotel rooms there from the Kirchners that were never used.
Austral Construcciones SA, Mr. Báez’s flagship construction company, was created weeks before Mr. Kirchner took office in 2003. Since the Kirchners moved into the Casa Rosada, the pink presidential palace in downtown Buenos Aires, Mr. Báez’s company has received hundreds of millions of dollars in public-works contracts in Santa Cruz, becoming the province’s top private-sector employer.
In April 2013, Argentine investigative journalist Jorge Lanata broadcast allegations about Mr. Báez’s company on his popular news show. The program aired secretly recorded videotapes of Leonardo Fariña, who said on the tapes that he managed a $5 billion fortune for Mr. Báez and acted as his courier.
In the tapes, the ponytailed, Ferrari-driving Mr. Fariña said associates of Mr. Báez loaded bags of cash onto Mr. Báez’s executive jet and carried them to Buenos Aires. There the money was taken to a financial firm informally called “La Rosadita,” he said, just five blocks from the presidential Casa Rosada. There was too much cash to be counted by hand, he said, so it was weighed to determine its value, then sent abroad to tax havens.
Federico Elaskar, the owner of the financial firm, appeared on the program and backed up Mr. Fariña’s comments.
After the show aired, Messrs. Fariña and Elaskar both retracted their statements, saying they had lied to Mr. Lanata. But the Buenos Aires prosecutor, Mr. Campagnoli, said his team verified their links to Mr. Báez and their involvement in an alleged money-laundering scheme that used a network of shell companies.
Other companies and institutions who allegedly had their documents stored in the Iron Mountain Barracas facility but haven’t (openly) filed complaints are, reportedly, Unilever, Cargill, IECSA, Nidera, Pluspetrol, Loma Negra, Arcos Dorados, American Airlines, Microsoft, Monsanto, Sidus, Laboratorios Abbot, Swiss Medical, Galeno, Los estudios jurídicos Saenz Valiente y Asociados, the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires (Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires – CABA) and the federal police. The fact that none of them have called for investigations into the fire suggests that they too are pleased that the documents are gone. Who knows what they were hiding there?
In any event, the Iron Mountain inc. arson case in Buenos Aires perfectly ties all the loose ends together. Why else would a fire be started there when so many people and corporations have so much to hide and money and faces to lose?
“Suspicions about the fire first arose last year when it was revealed that of the 43 corporations that stored documents in the ill-fated warehouse, many were involved in 29 active investigations by the Economic Crime and Laundering Unit (Procelac) at the time of the fire.” – Argentina Independent
Also in the case of Ireland’s bank guarantee, during the unfolding of the financial crisis in 2007 and 2008, Iron Mountain inc. was mentioned as having assisted in getting rid of uncomfortable documents that would expose the true agenda behind that ‘agreed’ bank guarantee (bailout) for which the Irish people have to pay [1, 2, 3].
One of the final loose ends in this case regards the attack on Argentina by players such as the US government, Soros and Singer to destabilize the South American nation and continent.
Where it is a fact that Barack Soetoro and his puppet masters are aiming at Argentina’s downfall, George Soros and Paul Singer are aiming at cashing in when Argentina goes down, again, through their vulture funds.
It matches, perfect. The timing of the Barracas fire, the investigations, the attempts to bring down Argentina, the US branding Venezuela as a national security threat. One can easily see the whole picture when the dots are connected.
Published on May 19, 2012
Thanks to L.
Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:17PM
Iran’s parliament (Majlis) speaker says the country’s assisting Iraq to fight the ISIL prevented the terrorist group from invading other countries in the region.
If Iran had not helped Iraq, ISIL would have invaded countries in the region too, Ali Larijani said at a press conference held at the end of his visit to Qatar on Wednesday.
“Iran stood in the face of the ISIL to help Iraq and also the (other) countries of the region, although the main responsibility rested on the shoulders of the people of the country,” he said.
The ISIL currently controls parts of Iraq and Syria. It started its campaign of terror in Iraq in early June 2014. The heavily-armed militants took control of Mosul before sweeping through parts of the country’s Sunni Arab heartland.
Iran has repeatedly stressed that it will not interfere militarily in Iraq and Syria, but that it will continue to provide support for both countries against ISIL in the form of defense consultation and humanitarian aid.
Iraq’s President Fuad Masum and First Vice President Nouri al-Maliki have acknowledged Tehran’s assistance in the anti-terror campaign.
The visit saw the senior Iranian official meeting with Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Foreign Minister Khalid bin Mohammad Al Attiyah, and Chairman of the Qatari Consultative Assembly Mohammed bin Mubarak al-Khulaifi.
Meeting with the Qatari foreign minister, Larijani said, “The Islamic Republic of Iran treats the Qatari emir’s observations regarding the regional issues as positive and is after the expansion of cooperation based on mutual respect.”
“The establishment of security and development in the Middle East region would materialize through the assistance of all the regional countries,” the Iranian official added.
The Qatari official said what the countries shared was more than what they differed on and that they had to take steps towards the development of bilateral relations based on common ground.
Larijani said Iran’s nuclear talks with the P5+1 group — Britain, France, China, the United States and Russia plus Germany — have featured progress.
However, he said, “We had to prioritize an intellectual perspective of the talks over a business-minded one.”
Iran and the P5+1 are seeking to seal a comprehensive nuclear deal by July 1. The two sides have already missed two self-imposed deadlines for inking a final agreement since they signed an interim one in the Swiss city of Geneva in November 2013.
Although it has some confidence in Ukraine’s latest truce, NATO is unaware to what destination the Ukrainian military and the independence fighters have withdrawn their heavy weapons.
“We have seen the withdrawal of some heavy weapons, but it’s unclear to what destination,” NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg stated at a joint press briefing with the Supreme Allied Commander Europe, General Philip Breedlove in Brussels.
“The ceasefire seems to be holding, but it remains fragile. It must be respected,” he added.
The Alliance, however, claims it continues “to defend all Allies against any threats” and is flexing muscles in Europe. For the purpose, it is currently staging NATO maritime exercises in the Black Sea.
In a separate move, the United States is sending 3,000 troops and equipment to the Baltic region for training.
Latvia has confirmed that more than 120 armored units, including tanks, have arrived from the US.
NATO claims that its measures are defensive, proportionate, and in line with NATO’s international commitments.
If you haven’t heard Nigel Farage before, you’re in for an interesting ‘listen’! ~J
Personally, I don’t think Gordon Duff or anyone else should be DEMANDING anything from President Putin! Is this the way to enlist Putin’s help?
What Putin ‘knows’ or has on the war mongers in D.C. is his to use wisely in the interests of his country — first, exactly as he has stated. Then, I believe his intention is also in this process to help rid the planet of these criminals, but he must look at a far larger picture than Gordon Duff appears to understand. Does Duff really have any in-depth understanding of the man —and what he is contending with — of whom he makes this request? I have to wonder.
Surely, President Putin has his finger on the pulse. Why then isn’t he releasing these documents? Could it be that he is holding the war mongers in check with this information until the situation is as close to perfect as possible? Is he using these documents to hold things together until the preparations and infrastructure to support the new financial system are in place? Surely, Putin is very aware that huge numbers of people are dying, that others’ lives are being completely destroyed, but at the same time Putin must also be aware that if he should act precipitously, the results for humanity and our planet could be catastrophic.
While I understand Gordon’s plea, again, I wonder if he understands the master with whom he is dealing. I have watched President Putin masterfully maneuver to keep his country and the planet out of war, and I think I’m going to allow him to play his own game! I think Putin will make his move at exactly the right time. ~J
PS * Please see my brief comment on a Related Post below.
March 10, 2015
President of the Russian Federation
23, Ilyinka Street,
Moscow, 103132, Russia.
Political divides within the US now clearly threaten world peace. Pro-Israeli factions within the US are working, not only to sabotage a nuclear settlement with Iran but go much further. Recent lapses in judgement and decorum by General Breedlove of NATO, covert US aid to ISIS/ISIL and moves by certain US factions in support of terrorist factions in Libya and across Africa have raised the stakes.
We at Veterans Today, in consultation with staff members and unlisted associates, some former Soviet and Russian intelligence officials known to you, are aware that the intelligence services of the Russian Federation have files in their possession, some kept for many years, that should now be made available. As our initial request, we ask for the following documents we know to be in Russian keeping
- Tape recordings and transcripts of John McCain’s 32 propaganda broadcasts made while a prisoner of war including his claims that the US was using germ warfare against North Vietnam.
- The text of John McCain’s debriefing by the KGB in Hanoi including full order of battle information that led to redeployment of air defenses and a much higher success rate shooting down American aircraft.
- Full information on Netanyahu’s role in running Jonathan Pollard as a Soviet agent.
- Full information on Netanyahu’s role as a Soviet agent in the theft of American cryptographic units from the UNTSO in 1990 and the nature of the data, NATO military secrets, US State Department correspondence and US Naval codes that Netanyahu passed on to Moscow.
- Full information on Mitt Romney’s meetings with Russian intelligence in Havana during his visit there in 1999.
- Recordings and transcripts of Romney’s meetings with Raul Castro and the promises Romney made.
- Surveillance video of John McCain and Joseph Lieberman taken in Zurich showing them entering banking facilities after a trip to Kabul and meetings with druglords of the Northern Alliance.
- Satellite imagery showing the movement of highly enriched nuclear material in and around New York City prior to the events of September 11, 2001.
- Files showing the role of Israeli involvement in nuclear proliferation including but not limited to the sale of nuclear weapons to Saudi Arabia.
- Files showing deposits in Cayman banks managed by Bain on behalf of over 300 members of the congress of the United States.
- Evidence showing the transfer of nuclear material from Israel to North Korea.
These are only a small percentage of the materials you have available, materials that, quite frankly, will not be of value if world events continue their current levels of deterioration.
Senior Editor Veterans Today
- * Pravda: Putin Threatens to Release Satellite Evidence of 9/11 [as someone insightfully suggested on my blog: With this statement, did Putin just buy himself Ukraine? Immediately after this statement, Merkel and Hollande got themselves to Ukraine as if pulled by a magent — and things were slowed down! ~J]
- VA doesn’t release 140 vet health care probe findings
- ISIS in a World of Liars (videos)
- A Century of US Presidents Marching to the Beat of the New World Order
- Putin set to drop “truth bomb” on USA
The views expressed herein are the views of the author exclusively and not necessarily the views of VT or any other VT authors, affiliates, advertisers, sponsors or partners and technicians.